A Filmed Advanced Workshop for Feldenkrais Practitioners
with David Zemach-Bersin, Senior Feldenkrais Trainer
In this remarkable film, David Zemach-Bersin demonstrates a highly innovative approach in Functional Integration. During nineteen FI encounters with Feldenkrais Practitioners in Devon, England, David shares a radical three-dimensional way of working that can be extremely effective and full of insights for the serious Feldenkrais Practitioner.
Almost like a two-person dance, this dynamic approach is efficacious for both Practitioner and student. It allows the Practitioner to work with the student’s essential adaptations to gravity and to support and move the student within and outside their polygon of sustentation, while sitting. And, it gives the student a bright and vivid opportunity to experience their skeletal support system, explore new options in movement, and respond in a way that improves their organization, mobility, and sense of well-being. This series exemplifies high-level Functional Integration.
This nine-hour program includes nineteen Functional Integration demonstrations with commentary and explanation, three lectures, and five Awareness Through Movement lessons.
Functional Integration Demonstrations
- Moving the Whole Self from One Vertebrae
- The Counterbalancing Spine
- Basic Self-Organization
- The Relationship Between the Adductors and the Abdominals
- The High Yield of Doing Less
- Using the Jaw to Restore the Movement of the Neck
- Lengthening Through Shortening
- Arching Through Rounding
- Restoring Symmetrical Counter-Balancing
- The Attraction to Symmetry
- Expanding the Quality of Sensation
- The Teleceptors Organize the Head and Neck
- Expanding from Zero
- Finding the Best of the Person
- Potentiating Action
- Rounding to Stand Tall
- Sensing Variance in the Spine
- Individuating the Cervical Spine
- The Interplay Between Vision and Organization
Awareness Through Movement Lessons--audio-only
- Articulating the Cervical Spine
- Spiral Movements of the Spine
- The Dynamics of Weight Shifting
- As Above, So Below
- Spirals with Ultra Lightness
- The Path to Soft Hands
- The Spontaneous Self Organizing Property of Biological Systems
- Alleviating the Problem by Relating to the Whole
Upon purchase, this product can be streamed online and/or downloaded to your personal computer.
Prefer to pay in a different currency?
Go here to pay in euros.
Go here to pay in pounds.
About David Zemach-Bersin
Feldenkrais Trainer, David Zemach-Bersin graduated from the first professional Feldenkrais Training Program held in the U.S. David directs Feldenkrais Professional Training Programs in New York City, and teaches in programs around the world. He has maintained a private practice since 1977, working with both adults and children. Recognized for forty-five years of dedication to the Feldenkrais Method and his contribution to preserving Dr. Feldenkrais’ legacy, David served as President of the Feldenkrais Guild® of North America and is Co-Founder of Feldenkrais Resources, the Feldenkrais Institute of New York, and the Feldenkrais Foundation. David is known as a warm, wise, and enthusiastic teacher. He directs Feldenkrais Access, and lives and works in Bucks County, PA.