April 14-May 19
Thursdays, 12:00 PM-1:15 PM EDT
5:00 PM-6:15 PM BST
7:00 PM-8:15 PM IDT
Join us live or via recording
for this Feldenkrais class series
Try the Free Introductory Lesson:
'Reaching for Balance'
Our ability to balance is vital. Although we take it for granted, almost everything we do, even sitting in a chair and reaching for a glass of water, requires good balance. Our balance is not static, or based in our feet. Instead, it's a dynamic and fluid state, coordinated from one moment to the next, by our brain, eyes, and entire body working together cooperatively.
Over time, our balance can become compromised for a variety of reasons, including; our posture, limited mobility, prior injuries, and changes in our eyesight. And of course, after a fall, we often lose confidence in our balance.
Feldenkrais lessons are gentle, and engage the brain to help the body. Highly effective at improving our underlying organization--neurologically, skeletally, and muscularly-- they are ideal for clarifying and improving your balance.
David Zemach-Bersin has worked to help many people improve their balance using the Feldenkrais Method. He is looking forward to presenting a series of classes dedicated to this important subject.
“The Feldenkrais Method has totally changed the way I see myself, especially in relation to pain. I went from using a wheelchair to walking two miles most every day. Most of my mental energy was focused on how to live with pain. Now I have extraordinary mental freedom, and each day I am finding new things that I can do."
-Margaret Fletcher, M.D, retired American Arthritis Foundation spokesperson, & rheumatoid arthritis survivor
This series will:
- Give you a set of effective self-care tools that you can use as often as you like, to improve your balance
- Improve your musculoskeletal and neurological organization
- Improve your coordination and ease in weight-shifting
- Increase your brain fitness and ability to make important sensory distinctions
- Explore how your breathing and eyes can effect your balance
- Reduce your risk of falls and restore your sense of confidence
Promote greater ease and pleasure in physical activities
" The Feldenkrais Method is an extraordinarily effective approach to the enhancement of posture, balance, movement, and behavior.”
-Sandy Burkhart, PT, Ph.D.
- Six Awareness Through Movement® lessons, plus the introductory lesson (60-75 min)
- Lifetime access to recordings and option to download
- Ability to submit your questions for David to answer during recorded Q&A sessions
- Assistance during the lesson (if needed) from our support team
- Recordings added to your Feldenkrais Access library approx. 48 hours after each live class
- Live classes/recordings show alternative position options
- 25% discount on one Feldenkrais Access on-demand program
- Feldenkrais Guild members save an extra 5% with coupon code BALANCE5
- Feldenkrais trainees and essential workers save an extra 10% with coupon code BALANCE10
Scholarships available. Find out more by reading our 2022 Scholarship Program Update!
Unfavorable exchange rate? If you live in a country with an unfavorable exchange rate and want to join us, we're happy to help.
David Zemach-Bersin graduated from the first Feldenkrais training held in the U.S. He is a warm, experienced teacher, recognized for his high level of expertise and forty-five years of dedication to the Feldenkrais Method. David has maintained a private practice since 1977. He currently directs Feldenkrais Access, and has been creating programs and teaching classes and workshops online for both Feldenkrais Practitioners and the public since 2020. He lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.