Try the First Lesson
Reaching for Balance
Balance is essential to almost everything we do. Even simple activities, such as reaching for a glass of water, require being able to balance while in motion! Your whole body is involved in your ability to balance. Complex and fluid, your balance is exquisitely coordinated - moment to moment - by your brain, eyes, inner ears, and entire muscular and skeletal system, working together.
Over time, our balance can become diminished due to our posture, prior injuries, or changes in our vision. Fortunately, it's possible to access your brain's neuroplasticity to improve and update your balance. This is where Feldenkrais lessons can make a difference. The exercises in this series are gentle and accessible and will improve your underlying organization; neurologically, skeletally, and muscularly, and give you tools to develop better balance.
David Zemach-Bersin has worked to help many people improve their balance using the Feldenkrais Method.
“The Feldenkrais Method has totally changed the way I see myself, especially in relation to pain. I went from using a wheelchair to walking two miles most days. My mental energy was focused on how to live with pain. Now I have extraordinary mental freedom, and each day I'm finding new things that I can do."
-Margaret Fletcher, M.D, retired American Arthritis Foundation spokesperson, & rheumatoid arthritis survivor
This program will:
- Give you a set of effective self-care tools that you can use to improve your balance
- Improve your musculoskeletal and neurological organization
- Improve your coordination and ease in weight-shifting
- Increase your brain fitness and ability to make important sensory distinctions
- Explore how your breathing and eyes can effect your balance
- Reduce your risk of falls and restore your sense of confidence
Promote greater ease and pleasure in physical activities
"The Feldenkrais Method is an extraordinarily effective approach to the enhancement of posture, balance, movement, and behavior."
-Sandy Burkhart, PT, Ph.D.
- Seven Feldenkrais lessons
- Five Q&A sessions
- Twelve short exercises
- Recordings show alternative position options
- Lifetime access to recordings
- Option to download program
- Reaching Toward Balance
- Shifting Toward Balance
- Organizing Your Legs for Better Balance
- Flexible Ankles for Better Balance
- Balancing Through Your Spine
- Lengthening into Balance
- Moving into Easy Balance
David Zemach-Bersin graduated from the first Feldenkrais training held in the U.S. He is a warm, and encouraging Feldenkrais Teacher and Trainer, widely recognized for his contribution to the Feldenkrais Method and the depth of his experience. David has maintained a private practice since 1977. He is proud to direct Feldenkrais Access and has been teaching classes and workshops online exclusively, since 2020. He lives in the Farmington Valley area of Connecticut.