April 16-18, 2021
Live online or via recording
4:30PM-9:00PM BST (Britain)
6:30PM-11:00PM IDT (Israel)
This workshop, with Feldenkrais Trainer, Raz Ori, focuses on new ways to use instability to access neuroplastic change in Functional Integration. Instability is compelling and attracts the attention of our nervous system.
Feldenkrais Practitioners often use rollers or pads to support the reciprocal exchange of sensory information between Practitioner and client. Raz Ori has developed an exciting alternative approach that involves using a soft, inflatable ball to enhance this dialogue and facilitate sensory learning. The ball aides and supports the Practitioner while also making it easier for the student's nervous system to notice superfluous efforts and differences in quality of movement and to recognize opportunities for improved action.
In this workshop, you will gain new perspectives and learn valuable skills to use in your private practice. Learn how to use the inflatable ball in Functional Integration in order to:
- Overcome resistance of weight and friction, as "an extra pair of hands."
- Improve the Practitioner's self-organization, dexterity, and kinesthetic acuity.
- Attract the nervous system's attention, offer non-habitual conditions, and circumvent the reinforcement of defensive patterns.
- Introduce new kinesthetic qualities that the nervous system can replicate and integrate.
The workshop will include Alexander Yanai Awareness Through Movement lessons and feature some lessons that Raz created for this workshop.
Raz Ori is a Practitioner and Trainer of the Feldenkrais Method®. He has served on the educational staff of training programs in Tel-Aviv, New-York, Germany, Italy, and South Korea, teaching with Ruty Bar, David Zemach-Bersin, and Lior Pessach. He graduated in 2001 from the Tel-Aviv Feldenkrais Professional Training Program, and trained for two more years with Yochanan Rywerant, one of Dr. Feldenkrais’ first students. Raz runs The Ramat-Aviv Feldenkrais Center where he teaches Awareness Through Movement classes and gives individual Functional Integration lessons. Raz gained clinical experience working for 15 years at Clalit Integrative Medicine, part of Israel’s largest public health provider. He has also worked at the Sheba Medical Center with disabled war veterans suffering from chronic pain, phantom limb pain, PTSD, and head injuries. Raz is also a certified JKA practitioner working with special needs children. He teaches advanced trainings and conducts on-line mentoring groups. Raz lives in Tel-Aviv, with his wife and children.
Details & Registration
EQUIPMENT NEEDED: Each participant will need two inflatable balls. Upon registration, detailed information will be provided to help you to order a set of inexpensive (around $14 USD), inflatable 10-inch balls!
Open to: Feldenkrais Practitioners and Feldenkrais Trainees.
- 25% discount on one Feldenkrais Access on-demand program
- Unlimited access to recordings through your Feldenkrais Access library
- Option to download recordings
- Professional Feldenkrais membership save an extra 5% with coupon code PLASTICITY5
- Trainees and essential workers save an extra 10% with coupon code PLASTICITY10
Scholarships available. Find out more.
Questions? Email Ira.
Let's Learn Together
Sign up for our newsletter and receive a coupon for 30% off one full-price on-demand product in our store!