Saturday, June 17
11:30 AM -4:00 PM EDT
4:30 PM-9:00 PM BST
5:30 PM-10:00 PM CEST
6:30 PM-11:00 PM IDT
Live online & on-demand
Here's a treat! A workshop with guest Feldenkrais Teacher, Maggy Burrowes, offering us an opportunity to improve the internal structures that keep our senses and organs in good working order. Throughout our whole self, our sphincter muscles – also called "ring muscles" – are constantly in motion, keeping everything circulating efficiently within us. These important muscles work with our diaphragm to organize our breathing, digestion, and blood and lymph circulation. They organize many of the systems involved with our senses, including our lips, eyes, throat, and larynx, and last but not least, they organize all of our internal "plumbing."
Our remarkable sphincter or ring muscle system is coordinated with our deeper movement patterns in unexpected and therapeutically unique ways. The special Feldenkrais lessons in this workshop will help you tune up your respiratory and digestive systems, improve the functioning of your eyes and throat, create greater freedom and ease in your vocal structures, and improve the comfort of your neck and spine.
We are delighted to host Maggy Burrowes in this 4.5-hour live online and recorded workshop, and glad you'll have this opportunity to experience her excellent teaching and valuable perspective and expertise.
This workshop will give you the following:
- New ways to improve issues related to continence
- Improvements to the freedom and ease of your breathing
- Better organization of your tongue and the potential to improve your swallowing
- Increased awareness and ease in your facial muscles, particularly around the eyes and mouth
- Improved awareness of, and access to the vocal structures within your larynx
- Improved breathing and digestion
"Thanks for yesterday's class! Exploring the relationships between the anal and urethral sphincters and the action of flexion and extension was super interesting. I have much to discover around the interconnectedness and internal rhythms of organs and sphincters."
- Four Awareness Through Movement lessons
- Introductory talk
- Assistance during the lesson (if needed) from our support team
- Follow up live Q&A session
- Live classes/ recordings show alternative position options when possible
- Lifetime access to recordings and option to download
- Feldenkrais Guild members save an extra 5% with coupon code RINGFIVE
- Feldenkrais trainees and essential workers save an extra 20% with coupon code RINGTWENTY
Scholarships available. Find out more by reading about our Scholarship Program!
Unfavorable exchange rate? If you live in a country with an unfavorable exchange rate and want to join us, we're happy to help.
Maggy Burrowes became interested in the Feldenkrais Method in 1986 after studying movement for many years, particularly Tai Chi and Martha Graham-based dance. She joined the first London Feldenkrais Professional Training Program in 1987 and began teaching Awareness Through Movement classes in 1989. She went on to develop an awareness-based voice and singing teaching system called The Potent Voice, to help people increase their vocal freedom, ease, and authenticity, improve their speaking voice, and their listening, hearing, and communication skills. Today, Maggy teaches privately in colleges, universities, and adult education centers in the UK and abroad. A warm and knowledgeable teacher, Maggy's perspective is joyful, sophisticated, and experienced.