Try a Free Sample Lesson:
An Introduction to Easy Sitting
If you add up the number of hours you spend sitting, the total might surprise you. Many people sit for one reason or another (during meals, travel, work, recreation, and rest) for 12-14 hours a day!
The problem is, sitting for extended periods of time is neither natural nor easy for our body. As far as our skeleton and muscles are concerned, sitting is a real challenge; one that impacts our current and future health and comfort.
If you don’t know how to sit with sufficient skeletal support, you are probably on track to experience pain and muscular tension in your back, neck, and shoulders. Fortunately, it's never too late to learn how to sit in a better organized, and more flexible way. In this program, David Zemach-Bersin presents gentle Feldenkrais lessons to reduce the stress of sitting on your skeletal system and musculature and give you better options.
You will learn:
- Exercises and perspectives to help you survive sitting
- How to protect the curves of your spine (they're essential to your postural health)
- How to use your sit bones to support your body, upright, in a comfortable way
- Which chairs help -or hinder- healthy sitting
- How to maintain flexibility and freedom of movement while sitting
- How your breathing can support healthy sitting
- Quick, helpful exercises to use while taking breaks, and to help you heal from too much sitting
What Past Participants said:
"I marvel at the ease and flexibility in my torso as well as the improvement in my sitting."
"Sitting now feels natural and effortless."
"Besides feeling a lightness in my neck and shoulders, I feel ease, evenness, and lightness in my legs and pelvis, which is wonderful since I've had hip surgery."
- Seven Feldenkrais lessons
- Nine helpful short exercises
- Four Q&A sessions
- Recording shows alternative position options when possible
- Option to download recordings
- Lifetime access to recordings
- An Introduction to Easy Sitting
- Finding Your Sit Bones
- Freeing Your Spine in Sitting
- Discovering the non-Habitual
- Freeing Your Chest
- Freeing Your Head
- From Easy Sitting to Easy Standing
David Zemach-Bersin graduated from the first Feldenkrais training held in the U.S. He directs Feldenkrais Professional Training Programs in New York City, and teaches in programs around the world. David has maintained a continual private practice since 1977, working with both adults and children. He is recognized for forty-five years of dedication to the Feldenkrais Method and for his contribution to preserving Dr. Feldenkrais’ legacy. David served as President of the Feldenkrais Guild® of North America and is the Co-Founder of Feldenkrais Resources, the Feldenkrais Institute of New York, and the Feldenkrais Foundation. David is known as a warm, highly skilled, and enthusiastic teacher. He currently directs Feldenkrais Access and has been teaching classes online for both Feldenkrais students and Practitioners and the public since 2020. He lives in the Farmington Valley area of Connecticut.