May 18-June 22
Thursdays, 12:00 PM-1:15 PM EDT
5:00 PM-6:15 PM BST
6:00 PM-7:15 PM CEST
7:00 PM-8:15 PM IDT
Live online & on-demand
Try Class One!
Discovering Your Ribs
Do you remember what it’s like to have a comfortable, supple rib cage?
Our ribcage has tremendous potential for flexibility. It is constructed with 26 bones to give us freedom of movement in all directions while at the same time, protecting our heart and lungs. But, we frequently develop habits of tension, tightness, and restricted movement which prevent us from experiencing freedom in our chest, and can lead to difficulties in other areas.
When the movement of our chest is constrained, it influences everything we do. It affects the freedom of movement of your head and neck, the comfort of your shoulders and back, your posture, and the way you walk and sit. Most importantly, it affects the movement of your diaphragm and our breathing, and can produce feelings of apprehension and anxiety.
Curious? Try this short exercise!
David Zemach-Bersin is looking forward to teaching a set of Feldenkrais classes specifically constructed to help you restore your chest's capacity for freedom of movement. Each class in this six-week series will help you regain the suppleness and flexibility of your ribcage and chest. You'll feel younger, more vital, and more alive!
Benefits may include:
- Greater comfort and ease in breathing
- Less neck & shoulder pain
- Fewer backaches
- Improved ability to manage anxiety and stress
- Better circulation
- Greater range and ease of movement
"After the lesson, I felt so much taller, shoulders and chest wider, walking easier. There's a clear sense of improvement. What is most amazing is that I'm becoming aware of a body I've always taken for granted. Thank you so much for facilitating a new direction in awareness.”
-Sonja Raela, Cook Islands
- Six Awareness Through Movement® lessons (60-75 min)
- Ability to submit your questions for David to answer during Q&A sessions
- Set of additional intervention exercises to use throughout the day
- Lifetime access to recordings and option to download
- Assistance during the lesson (if needed) from our support team
- Information to help you adapt the lessons to alternative positions
- Recordings added to your Feldenkrais Access library approx. 48 hours after each live class
- Feldenkrais Guild members save an extra 5% with coupon code CAGEFIVE
- Feldenkrais trainees and essential workers save an extra 20% with coupon code CAGETWENTY
Scholarships available. Find out more by reading our 2023 Scholarship Program Update!
Unfavorable exchange rate? If you live in a country with an unfavorable exchange rate and want to join us, we're happy to help.
David Zemach-Bersin graduated from the first Feldenkrais training held in the U.S. He is a warm, and encouraging Feldenkrais Teacher and Trainer, widely recognized for his contribution to the Feldenkrais Method and the depth of his experience. David has maintained a private practice since 1977. He is proud to direct Feldenkrais Access, and has been teaching classes and workshops online exclusively, since 2020. He lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.