September 8-October 20
Thursdays, 12:00 PM-1:15 PM EDT
5:00 PM-6:15 PM BST
7:00 PM-8:15 PM IDT
Try Class One!
Becoming Taller: A Beginning
It’s a fact: because we live on Earth, we are subject to the constant downward force of gravity. Gravity interacts with our skeleton, our postural habits, and our movement in ways that can cause uneven wear and tear and compression of our spine. Over time, our spine literally becomes shorter!
This is a problem because when we lose length in our spine, we also lose flexibility and ease of movement. The shorter and more compressed our spine is, the more pressure is placed on our discs, and the more vulnerable we become to pain and injury. The nerves passing through our spine are more likely to become pinched or irritated, and the muscles attached to it are more likely to become strained.
Fortunately, we can take action to improve the health and length of our spine. It is, after all, a marvel of evolutionary architecture designed to nullify the downward pressure of gravity. With better organization, our spine can provide us with all the structure, freedom of movement, and shock absorption that we need.
David Zemach-Bersin is excited to present this series of “gravity and time-defying” Feldenkrais lessons. They are designed specifically to help you regain the healthy length of your spine and reduce wear and tear caused by asymmetrical posture and movement habits. As David explains:
“This series is inspired by my experience of almost fifty years of teaching and working with clients. I’ve found that lengthening the spine plays a role in almost every person’s recovery from injury and pain. I'm looking forward to presenting these lessons!”
This series will help you to:
- Regain the healthy, protective length of your spine
- Improve the organization of your spine
- Feel lighter and taller
- Improve the carriage of your head and neck
- Reduce scoliosis and relieve back pain and sciatica
- Reduce inflammation and improve the health of your discs
- Reduce asymmetrical wear and tear on your spine
- Increase your range and ease of movement
"I had a stroke of luck when I stumbled across a free online introductory Feldenkrais Access lesson. I took a few series, found the right approach for me, and kept going. Now, aches and pains collected over the years, such as wobbly ankles, a painful left knee, an Achilles tendon, and a stiff hip, have improved considerably."
- Seven Awareness Through Movement® lessons (60-75 min)
- Lifetime access to recordings and option to download
- Ability to submit your questions for David to answer during recorded Q&A sessions
- Alternative positions for lessons shown when possible, in both live classes and recordings
- Assistance during the lesson (if needed) from our support team
- Recordings added to your Feldenkrais Access library approx. 48 hours after each live class
25% discount on one Feldenkrais Access on-demand program
David Zemach-Bersin graduated from the first Feldenkrais training held in the U.S. He is a warm, experienced teacher, recognized for his high level of expertise and over forty-five years of dedication to the Feldenkrais Method. David has maintained a private practice since 1977. He currently directs Feldenkrais Access, and has been creating programs and teaching classes and workshops online for both Feldenkrais Practitioners and the public since 2020. He lives in Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- Feldenkrais Guild members save an extra 5% with coupon code GRAVITYFIVE
- Feldenkrais trainees and essential workers save an extra 10% with coupon code GRAVITYTEN
Scholarships available. Find out more by reading our 2022 Scholarship Program Update!
Unfavorable exchange rate? If you live in a country with an unfavorable exchange rate and want to join us, we're happy to help.