October 5-November 9
Tuesdays, 12:00-1:15 PM EDT/EST
Join us live or via recording
Free Introductory Class
We are delighted to present Feldenkrais Trainer, Raz Ori, with a series of classes to improve your eye health.
Over millions of years, our visual system has evolved to be our dominant sense organ. Exquisitely complex, it allows us to see colors and to perceive the world around us in three dimensions. It gives us peripheral vision as well as the ability to focus on fine details, and it makes it possible for us to detect motion and move while fixing our gaze.
But modern life is altering the way we use our eyes. Today, people of all ages are experiencing eye discomfort, tension, and loss of visual acuity. Why? Because when we focus on screens, our visual system has to work in a very limited and restricted way. Over time, this diminishes the health of our eyes. Without intervention, we can become habituated to using our eyes in ways that lead to eye strain, fatigue, poor circulation, and visual impairments.
Raz Ori has spent the past decade studying the role that our eyes play in our perceptions and actions. In this series of live, online classes, he will present Feldenkrais lessons to help you improve each aspect key to healthy eyes. Learn new tools for self-care as you discover new ways to improve your ocular circulation and reduce muscular tension. Improve the organization of your eyes individually, together, and with your whole self, and re-activate some of the natural visual biological abilities that are no longer present in our daily life. As your eye health improves, your mobility, posture, balance, and sense of wellbeing will improve, as well!
This series will be taught in English.
Benefits may include:
- Improved vision
- Relief from eye strain
- Increased ocular circulation
- Fewer tension headaches
- Easier eye movements
- Better balance
- Support for healthy posture and movement
Raz Ori is an outstanding Feldenkrais Teacher, both inspiring and creative. He knows how to create a friendly and welcoming environment where learning and change can occur.
-David Zemach-Bersin, Feldenkrais Trainer, Founder of Feldenkrais Access
- Six Awareness Through Movement® lessons, plus the introductory lesson (60-75 min)
- Opportunity to submit questions for Raz to answer during your recorded Q&A sessions
- Assistance during the lesson (if needed) from our support team
- Recordings will be added permanently to your Feldenkrais access library, 48 hours after each live class
- Lifetime access to recordings via your Feldenkrais Access Library
- Option to download recordings via your Feldenkrais Access Library
- Additional recording showing alternative position options (i.e. chair)
- 25% discount on one Feldenkrais Access on-demand program
- Feldenkrais Guild members save an extra 5% with coupon code VISION5
- Feldenkrais trainees and essential workers save an extra 10% with coupon code VISION10
Scholarships are available. Find out more.
Live in a country with an unfavorable exchange rate? We're happy to help. Find out more.
Raz Ori is a Practitioner and Trainer of the Feldenkrais Method®. He has served on the educational staff of training programs in Tel-Aviv, New-York, Germany, Italy, and South Korea, teaching with Ruty Bar, David Zemach-Bersin, and Lior Pessach. He graduated in 2001 from the Tel-Aviv Feldenkrais Professional Training Program, and trained for two more years with Yochanan Rywerant, one of Dr. Feldenkrais’ first students. Raz runs The Ramat-Aviv Feldenkrais Center where he teaches Awareness Through Movement classes and gives individual Functional Integration lessons. Raz gained clinical experience working for 15 years at Clalit Integrative Medicine, part of Israel’s largest public health provider. He has also worked at the Sheba Medical Center with disabled war veterans suffering from chronic pain, phantom limb pain, PTSD, and head injuries. Raz is also a certified JKA practitioner working with special needs children. He teaches advanced trainings and conducts on-line mentoring groups. Raz lives in Tel-Aviv, with his wife and children.