Integration vs. Differentiation:
Advanced Strategies in Functional Integration
with Ruthy Alon
Integration vs. Differentiation is an outstanding Functional Integration-oriented advanced training with Ruthy Alon, filmed in Australia in 2010.
In these videos, we see Ruthy Alon at her most brilliant and generous, while demonstrating her profoundly diverse and creative Functional Integration skills. We observe Ruthy working with a variety of participants in a variety of positions including on the stomach, back, side, sitting and standing, as well as detailed and sophisticated work with the head and neck, shoulders and chest. She pays special attention to the integration work at the end of a lesson and generates a variety of ways to connect her work on the table, with sitting, standing and walking. It is a virtuoso two-day workshop.
Note: Due to sound quality issues, we have added optional closed captions for streaming, However, closed caption are NOT available when this program is downloaded.
4.5+ hour program includes:
- Eighteen FI demos with feedback
- Two ATM lessons
- Lifetime access to the program
- Option to download videos
Advanced FI Strategies Explored:
- Integration and the Use of Pressure from Above and Below
- Rhythmical Differentiation
- Connecting the Feet and the Head
- Differentiating the Neck
- Moving the Head in the Axis of the Spine
- Moving the Neck and the Head in a Side to Side Arc
- Moving From Sitting to Standing in a Variety of Ways
- Softening the Chest and the Neck
- Integration Through the Arms
- Connecting the Thorax and the Head
- Zig-zag Movements of the Thorax and the Head
- Lecture on Axial Support
- Organizing Through the Ground Force
- On the Stomach: Preparation for Creeping
- Differentiation on the Stomach
- Softening the Chest
- On the Stomach: Differentiating the Shoulder and the Chest Leading into Propulsive Movement
- Integration in a Variety of Positions
- Finding Thoracic Flexibility Through Specific Limb Configurations
- Primary Differentiation
Ruthy Alon (1930-2020) was a master at deciphering complex movement patterns and creating solutions for improving them. For over half a century, the Feldenkrais Method® was the central axis of Ruthy's development. She taught the Feldenkrais-approach to improve human functioning all over the world. Ruthy was a Senior Feldenkrais Trainer, author of Mindful Spontaneity, and creator of Bones for Life, Solutions for Optimal Mobility, and other programs.